Director / Accredited Family Law Specialist
Brad is the founding Legal Director of Saunders Family & Estate Lawyers who has over 28 years of legal experience in Family Law and Wills & Estates.
Brad has been a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Family Law since 2007. He prides himself on obtaining realistic and sensible outcomes for clients whilst minimising the financial burden and emotional strain associated with a separation.
Brad started practice in 1994 as an articled clerk in a large Gippsland practice. He was admitted to practise in 1995 and spent the following 2 years working as a solicitor dealing with a broad range of legal issues in many areas of law including Family Law, Wills & Estates, Criminal Law, Property Law and Commercial Law.
In 1997, he relocated to a firm in Williamstown where he honed his legal skills in Family Law and Wills & Estates. He obtained his Specialist Accreditation in Family Law from the Law Institute of Victoria in 2007.
In 2008, he relocated to a specialised Family Law firm in the CBD whereby he was able to broaden his expertise working on cases involving:
- High value and complex financial matters;
- Superannuation, including self-managed funds;
- Family companies and trusts;
- Binding Financial Agreements;
- Contested parenting;
- Allegations of violence and abuse;
- Child Support; and
- Spousal Maintenance.
Throughout his career, Brad has maintained and developed a significant Wills & Estates practice. He advises and represents clients in relation to:
- Drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney and Medical Treatment Decision Maker forms;
- Grants of Representation (Probate and Letters of Administration);
- Estate administration;
- Estate disputes; and
- Testators Family Maintenance Claims (Part IV or Family Provision claims).
Brad develops a relationship of trust with his clients and works diligently with them to resolve their disputes in a prompt and effective manner.
Brad provides pro bono work to the Cancer Council (Victoria). This involves preparing Wills and Attorney documents for eligible cancer patients.
In his spare time Brad is a Rotarian who supports local, national and international charitable programs. He is a keen cyclist who regularly participates in an annual charity bike ride and is also an avid golfer.
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws – University of Tasmania
- Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist – Family Law
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia