Director / Accredited Family Law Specialist BSc LLB
Angela has practised exclusively in Family Law for over 15 years. She brings a compassionate, down-to-earth yet pro-active approach to family law matters of all kinds, including parenting issues and property settlements. She routinely drafts and advises on Applications for Consent Orders, Binding Financial Agreements and Binding Child Support Agreements to make agreements legally binding. If all appropriate avenues of negotiation are exhausted, or in situations of urgency such as family violence, she also has extensive experience in Court proceedings.
Angela has advised and acted for clients in a broad range of matters, including:
- Urgent Court Applications such as Family Law List (Airport Watch List) Applications, Recovery Orders, International Child Abduction Applications and Applications for Orders altering existing parenting arrangements where a child is or children are at risk of harm.
- Parenting Applications including Applications for Declaration of Parentage, Adoption, Change of Name and Applications for a child’s passport to issue where one parent fails or refuses to sign.
- Property settlements between married spouses and defacto (domestic) partners, including Financial Agreements and Court Orders.
- Preparing and advising clients on proposed Financial Agreements.
- Superannuation Splitting Orders and Agreements, including splitting of defined benefit funds in the accumulation and pension phase.
- Representing clients in situations of alleged Family Violence, including Intervention Order Applications.
- Complex property settlements involving third parties such as Trustees in Bankruptcy.
- Complex divorce applications, including separation under one roof and those requiring international service or substitution of service.
- Binding & Limited Child Support Agreements.
Other roles and associations
- Accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a Specialist in Family Law
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of Victorian Women Lawyers
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Australia
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria
- Regular workshop & seminar presenter for the LIV
- Phone: 03 8672 7510
- Email: [email protected]